Tuesday, March 16, 2010

step one

 I loved Kelli Nina Perkins tutorial on how to make a stitched pagelet, so I'm giving it a try. Here's the first step. I used a page from a sort of cookbook--it's a year long record of every menu the Hotel St. Francis chef, Victor Hirtzler created. The book was published in 1948, and is notable to me, because my father was a chef at the same hotel, located in San Francisco. So of course, I had to draw a picture of food! Grabbed a bottle of olive oil, and a garlic and red pepper from the fridge and did a quick straight to pen drawing. I'll post the finished piece next week. Why don't you try making one and post it on your blog? just for fun? let me know.
 

8 comments:

  1. Food. Yeah! I can tell already that this is going to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is right up my alley, Jane. I'll do one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super...or supper....to your food reference.
    I love Kelli's tutorial and will have to give it a try.

    Alma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in......will you give us step 2?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very cool looking, Jane. I'll be checking back to see how it develops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super neat idea! I love that your father was the chef there, great connection. Great drawing too. I will be checking back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is that?! Your father the chef and you drawing on the page - wow! I can tell this will be awesome, amazing & inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know your father had been a chef. I want to hear more. I'll bet you have a lot of great stories to tell.
    Love your pagelet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails