Sunday, October 02, 2011

Mixed Media Journal pages to a....bib

eucalyptus bloom pages

eucalyptus bloom design page
I used the journal page on the right for inspiration to create some designs on this page for a thermofax screen.
eucalyptus bloom design page
And then,  I used the thermofax screen to print some fabric (in Pokey's workshop at CREATE in Chicago)
fabric in class
And then I made this bib from a pattern! I haven't sewn from a pattern in decades! 
bib front
The bib is for my friend Alisa Burke's new baby girl. And, it's reversable. (I had to pay someone to make the button hole for me...)
bib



13 comments:

  1. Jane, I love it! You are so funny about the button hole! Your creativity is contagious! Love that you share it and perhaps some of it will rub off on me! I need one of those bibs!!!! Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work Jane...I'm sure your friend will love it for her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA... did not know Lyric did these screens... ok Jane.. you have my creative juices going... I may have to try this... THANKS for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric designs! The bib is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bib looks great. What a wonderful use for your fabulous fabrics! (You could have used Velcro for the closure and saved yourself some money.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this is a darling bib! You should make more, and I agree about the velcro closure--easy on , easy off!

    Sorry to miss you at Art and Soul...

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the coolest bib award goes to.....whoever has custody of this bib - the baby? you?
    MF

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely adorable!! lucky girl and mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Lucky Baby Burke. (And I would have loved to do that buttonhole for you---for free)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love this bib!!!Alysa will be over the moon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work is gorgeous. I love the fact that you have taken your work from sketchbook to printing through to finished project. Your work demonstrates a great use of colour and a real understanding of using multiple motifs. Lovely work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails