Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Long Beach International Quilt Festival

Yoga Poses in Public Places
Of course, I had to do Yoga Poses in Public Places, this time with the fabulous Pokey Bolton.
Rituals 2012 at International Quilt Festival
"Nature Journal" by Jane LaFazio
Then I had to go see the Rituals exhibit to see my quilt. Rituals is a really really fabulous exhibition of forty-some quilts. (You can see it at the other International Quilt Festivals this year.)
text and textiles
Text and Textiles workshop
Thursday, I taught Text and Textiles, hand stitched story quilts. Great group of women!
student at work
student at work in Text and Textiles
student at work
student at work in Text and Textiles
Friday, I taught Intro to Surface Design with another delightful group of women.
student work
student work (she made her own gear stamp!)
student work
student work. (nice pods stencil)
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work (she made her own bird stamp)
At the end of Intro to Surface Design, they combined their fabrics into a small quilt:
student work
student work

me teaching a one hour workshop
Create on the Spot "Felt like Stitching"
Saturday, I taught a one hour workshop, "Felt Like Stitching" on the exhibition floor.


student work
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work
Also on Saturday, I taught at 1/2 day Stamp Carving with some great results and great conversation:
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work
student work 
Drove home to San Diego, and I leave for Art Unraveled (in Phoenix) right now! Hope to see you at one of my classes!

5 comments:

  1. love all the photos!

    Man oh man, you must be exhausted! I'm so glad Don is there with you (I do love that man!)!!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is wonderful to see and very inspiring to me who is in a non art quilt making slump! all the students work inspires as well. I might get moving now!

    Glad you had such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had some great classes and some awesome students:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always learn so much just from looking at all your fabulous photos. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you are having a great time in Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt - and it seams like you had a lot of fun to create :-)
    Quilthug.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails