Friday, February 05, 2016

Havana ~ in an art quilt

While my work was on exhibition at a gallery in San Diego, I had a few videos made of me talking about my art. Here's the story of my art quilt: Havana, the video.

Husb and I visited Cuba in January 2012 and here are a couple of photos from that fabulous trip!

Me and Don on a tobacco farm in Cuba, 2012.

The beautiful wreck that is downtown Havana. Photo by Jane LaFazio 2012

I might be holding a cigar in this photo. 2012

Ernest Hemingway's house outside of Havana, Cuba. Photo by Jane LaFazio 2012
The beautiful wreck that is downtown Havana. Photo by Jane LaFazio 2012
In the video, the fabric I used was made from my photos of our trip to Cuba, and printed on Spoonflower.
a cool floor tile, in Cuba. You'll see this in the quilt in my video.
 Photo by Jane LaFazio 2012

The beautiful wreck that is downtown Havana. Photo by Jane LaFazio 2012

I took so many photos, I made a little book of our trip here.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt, and I enjoyed seeing the video about it. How wonderful to use photographs as the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Bambi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails