Monday, February 15, 2016

RED ~ an art quilt and video

"RED" by Jane LaFazio (40x40 inches) $1750.

Here's a SHORT VIDEO of my talking about "RED"

This kind of work is totally original, in that the cloth is one-of-a-kind and created by me using the machine needle felting process:

roving and silks 
embroidered and beaded
I created a bunch of ~11x14 inch pieces.
of course, I had help. (BeBop)
I arranged the pieces in a composition
and got help, stitching them all together
Here is a tutorial on my process. And some of my other machine needle felted work can be seen here, here, and here








6 comments:

  1. I REALLY like this. You have really inspired me, Jane! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Beautiful bright and vivacious!!! Thank you for sharing your tutorial - I got an embellisher for Christmas and have been hesitating to start - this is just the inspiration I need!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good help is hard to find!
    Your red composition is saturatingly wonderful to the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really a stunning piece of art....all those little variations in red...(those leaning towards the violety purple reds really make it pop!..and the warmer ones are brilliant accents!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails